Holden Litigation's transportation industry experience encompasses all modes: Aviation, motor Carriers, railroad, maritime and automotive. Our diverse and comprehensive transportation practice is based on a thorough understanding of the complex and ever changing regulatory structure which governs the operation of the transportation industry and the economic and legal challenges it faces. Holden Litigation's Transportation Group includes 14 professionals skilled in many areas of the law that affect the transportation industry.
We work closely not only with providers of transportation, but also with transportation consumers such as manufacturers and distributors, and transportation intermediaries With our attorneys and public policy advisors strategically located in two offices in the Midwest, Holden Litigation is uniquely suited to serve as regional and national counsel to our transportation clients. Through service at various levels of government, our attorneys have gained valuable experience which they now use in advising the firm's transportation clients.
In the automobile field, the use of available online resources provides immediate access to National Highway Transportation Safety Board, and the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards databases for automobile and transportation litigation.
Our attorneys actively participate in transportation conferences and associations in order to stay abreast of the legal issues affecting the transportation industry.
These organizations include:
- American Trucking Association (ATA)
- The Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Oklahoma Trucking Association (OTA)
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- ABA Tort Trial and Insurance Practice (Trucking Law Subcommittee)
- American Railroad Association
- Association of Transportation Law, Logistics and Policy
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Holden Litigation's transportation experience extends to all modes of transportation and encompasses the areas of the law affecting transportation providers, consumers and intermediaries. These services include:
- 24 hour emergency accident investigation response team
- Defense of motor Carriers in wrongful death and personal injury cases
- Business/Corporate counseling
- Contract Disputes
- Federal Employer Liability Act (FELA) cases
- Governmental affairs/regulatory issues
- Department of Transportation and Federal Aviation Administration issues
- Cargo claims
- Freight invoice collection issues
- Automobile related litigation
- Aviation commercial and tort litigation
- Insurance coverage analysis
- Litigation management
- Mechanical defects litigation
- Negligent hiring/retention litigation
- Premises liability litigation
- Products liability litigation
- Safety regulations
- Workers' compensation
- Representing motor Carriers in federal court defending civil and criminal forfeiture procedures instated by the DOT.
- Federal and state regulatory compliance and audits of services related to transportation activities, including U.S. Department of Transportation, and the Surface Transportation Board, as well as various state tax and licensing jurisdictions.
- Representing motor Carriers and shippers in complex transportation litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States.
- Unfair trade and business practices in a deregulated environment.
- Representing motor Carriers and shippers regarding environmental issues unique to the transportation industry.
- Drafting transportation agreements between motor Carriers and shippers.
- Loss and damage claims representation; insurance coverage analysis; claims processing/negotiation and litigation.
- Representing Carriers and shippers in litigation over transportation agreements.
- Representing motor Carriers in issues involving wage and hour laws.
- Representing motor Carriers in worker's compensation settlements and litigation.
- Providing defense for self-insured motor Carriers sued by third parties for personal injury and property damage.
- Providing defense of motor carriers on suits by employees for retaliatory discharge.
- Employment law and independent contractor/employment disputes, overtime, and other transportation employee status issues.
- Providing defense of motor carriers sued by drivers for claims under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Defending carriers in multiple wrongful death cases. Cases involve allegations of driver error, negligent hiring and training, and failure to maintain equipment properly. We have obtained jury verdicts in favor of clients in these arenas.
- Criminal and civil defense of federal and state enforcement actions against companies and their employees for safety and hazardous materials violations.